Exuberant, edge-to-edge illustrations and simple rhyme salute a generous dairy farmer who took a chance on four kids, their dream and the prospect of peace.
You can watch Max Yasgur addressing the crowd at Woodstock, 1969, here.
August 15-17 2009 marks the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. How will you celebrate?
Other books mentioned:
More peace and tolerance on JOMB:
- And to Think That We Thought That We’d Never Be Friends
- Enemy Pie
- Silent Music (A Story of Baghdad)
- The Araboolies of Liberty Street
- Herb, The Vegetarian Dragon
- Interview with Uma Krishnaswami about her Bibliography of Peace
We’d love to hear your thoughts on a favourite children’s book. Leave a voice message on our JOMB listener hotline, +1-206-350-6487, so we can include your audio in our show.