Gentle, realistic illustrations and intriguing text tell the true tale of an adorable stray dog that restored health to critically ill children in a London hospital and hope to those who cared for them.
You can take a closer look at our long awaited (and long resisted) new family member, Phaedra, here.
Working dogs on JOMB:
More dogs on JOMB:
- Doggie in the Window
- Owney the Mail-Pouch Pooch
- Night Running: How James Escaped with the Help of His Faithful Dog
- Stella, Unleashed!
- Little Lions, Bull Baiters & Hunting Hounds: A History of Dog Breeds
- Biscuits in the Cupboard
- Good Dog
- May I Pet Your Dog?
- â€œLet’s Get a Pup!â€ said Kate
- My Pup
- The Pound from the Hound
- The Trouble with Tilly Trumble
- The Outside Dog
- Lady Lupin’s Book of Etiquette
- Dogs’ Night
- I Want A Dog
- Safe and Sound
- Dirty Dog Boogie
You can listen to our to vain attempt get our doggie dose through children’s books here.
HOTLINE VOICES: Katrina Morse of FamilyReading.com explains how one of her favourite books, the 1948 classic Blueberries for Sal (by Robert McCloskey), shows that children can have more common sense than grown-ups.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on a favourite children’s book. Leave a voice message on our JOMB listener hotline, +1-206-350-6487.