Accessible narrative, detailed annotations and a thought-provoking collection of photographs, postcards, pins and poems shed light on the ceremony, symbolism, chronology and controversy commemorating our global family’s losses to war.
More books about war and peace on JOMB:
- Angel Girl
- A New Coat for Anna
- The Donkey of Gallipoli (A True Story of Courage in World War I)
- If I Die Before I Wake: The Flu Epidemic Diary of Fiona Macgregor, 1918
- A Poppy is To Remember
- The Diary of Laura’s Twin (A Holocaust Remembrance Book for Young Readers)
- Gleam and Glow
- Janusz Korczak’s Children
- What We Remember
- The Cello of Mr. O
- Lugalbanda: The Boy Who Got Caught Up In A War
- One Thousand Tracings: Healing the Wounds of World War II
- Seven Brave Women
- And to Think That We Thought That We’d Never Be Friends
- Aunt Claire’s Yellow Beehive Hair
HOTLINE VOICES: Author Alison McGhee shares the reasons why Swiss Family Robinson (by Johann D. Wyss) is one of her childhood favourites.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on a favourite children’s book. Leave us a voice message on our JOMB listener hotline, +1-206-350-6487.