Neither wind nor rain nor the dog-catchers of Quebec can keep the unofficial mascot of the America Railway Mail Service from crisscrossing the continent and, eventually, the globe in this surprising but true tale of a nineteenth century Littlest Hobo.
You can read more about Owney here.
More dogs on JOMB:
- Night Running: How James Escaped with the Help of His Faithful Dog
- Stella, Unleashed!
- Little Lions, Bull Baiters & Hunting Hounds: A History of Dog Breeds
- Biscuits in the Cupboard
- Good Dog
- Heroes of Isle aux Morts
- May I Pet Your Dog?
- Rosie: A Visiting Dog’s Story
- â€œLet’s Get a Pup!â€ said Kate
- The Pound from the Hound
- The Trouble with Tilly Trumble
- The Outside Dog
- Lady Lupin’s Book of Etiquette
- Dogs’ Night
- I Want A Dog
- Safe and Sound
- Dirty Dog Boogie
HOTLINE VOICES: Author Linda Collison shares a recent favourite, Newbery Award winner Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!: Voices from a Medieval Village (written by Laura Amy Schlitz and illustrated by Robert Byrd).
We’d love to hear your thoughts on a favourite children’s book. Leave us a voice message on our JOMB listener hotline, +1-206-350-6487.