You will soon have a chance to purchase the artwork of a favourite children’s book illustrator while helping to fight cancer — by participating in a unique fundraiser for cancer research: Robert’s Snow: for Cancer’s Cure. Since 2004, this online auction has raised over $200,000 for The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and, with your help, the holiday tradition will thrive in 2007.
In order to raise awareness of and participation in this fabulous fundraiser, we in the kidlitosphere community will be highlighting ~160 of the 200 or so individual illustrators who have created snowflakes for the upcoming ’07 auctions — and giving you a peek at the unique snowflakes they have made.
Here is this week of illustrator showcases and sneak peeks at their snowflakes:
Monday, October 22
- Mark Teague at The Miss Rumphius Effect
- Sharon Vargo at Finding Wonderland
- Christopher Demarest at Writing and Ruminating
- Rose Mary Berlin at Charlotte’s Library
- David Macaulay at Here in the Bonny Glen
Tuesday, October 23